Sunday, November 28, 2010

Vehical

Here is my Yellow Airplane. As apposed to a yellow submarien I suppose.
This is of course my first attempt at digitailly painting a vehical. Pretty good overall I think, Not terribly much I'm not happy with.
It's suppose to be like a kart plane, one that you would find in one of those kart racing games. So i enjoy it looking rather simple and the seating being huge.

Two interesting things that people have told me. First, Blake told me that my digital painting are usually muddy. Which is sorta true. I switch between a hard pixel brush and and soft pixel brush with low flow pretty often. When I blend my colours I switch to my soft pixel brush which I like a lot... but it does tend to leave my edges looks quite muddy. Paniting this plane was a bit of a challenge in that regard because I couldn't leave it looking muddy or else I would loose the metalic effect.
The second is something my life drawing teacher told me. He said that there are two types off ways od drawing; anialitical, and expressive. He said that my way off drawing is quite a bit heavy on the expressive side and to improve I would need to combine it with a more aninlitcal side of drawing. I thought that this painting would be a good way to combine both sides of anialitical drawing and my heavy expressive drawing. I don't think that I combine the two that well thought. My plane still looks a fbit too flowy and not solid enoungh. I think I would have prefured it looking more solid.

For colours, I looked up different things I could do with yellow. I had actually found a couple of interesting different things people did with a solid colour on vehical. On certain angles the colour switchs to couple notches around the colour. So in certain spots I switched it from yellow to brown and orange. It gives it an intersting look.

No comments:

Post a Comment